Man seriously burned in Waynesboro house fire

Waynesboro Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1600 block of North Delphine Avenue on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2020.

Waynesboro Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1600 block of North Delphine Avenue shortly before 1:45 p.m Wednesday.

According to Capt. Chandler Hardy of the fire department, a man was burned in the fire and transported to Augusta Health.

“I know he’s in serious condition from his burn injuries,” said Hardy.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. Kitchen chairs too close to a wall-mounted gas heater ignited.

Hardy said that the fire, which was not large, was “fairly straightforward” for the fire department, which had the fire out within three to five minutes of arriving on the scene.

“The big part was getting the gentlemen taken care of,” Hardy said.

He added that the man will probably be transported to another medical facility for care.

Get Breaking News Alerts

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.